Our Little Monkey

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our Honey Bee

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Albuquerque Aquarium

One weekend when it was really hot, we decided to check out the aquarium.


In the car on the way there, I found out Sammy can roll his tongue.  Mike has a grandma that cannot, so it was fun to let Mike's mom know so she can pass it along.  


The manta ray pool.  They would come right up to the glass like they wanted to see you, be pet, or to escape.  I haven't figured it out yet. They would try to go up the glass as high as possible, then back into the water.


Up close.  We weren't allowed to touch them, but you almost wanted to see how soft they felt.


Sammy was standing on one window ledge when a ray appeared. It was right up against the glass, and I think Sammy thought it was trying to touch him.  He got a bit scared, although I think I would have too. 


This one looks like he is flying.  They have always looked like underwater birds to me.


An underwater tunnel.  It was only  10 or 15 feet long, otherwise I don't think I could have gone through it.  I get reminded of a scene in "Jaws", and I don't like those movies!


The tunnel was set up like a coral reef, and the water over the tunnel was pretty shallow from what I could see.  Really neat to walk through.


The highlight of our visit - the big fish tank!  A large ray.


Some sort of shark.  Sammy really liked looking at this one.  


He was running back and forth in front of all the fish saying "Whoa! Whoa!"



In the middle you can see a couple of sharks.


I'm not sure what this is.  My first thought was tuna because I know they can get pretty big.  This was by itself and not in a group, so I'm not sure it is.  Really neat fish though.


We found some fun accessories.  


And this is what happens after the aquarium.  I went grocery shopping while these guys napped.  I think Mike said they slept for close to an hour like this, and Sammy slept on the way home too! I guess looking at all those fish wore them out. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Wow you guys have some great attractions in the new town! I hate the jaws type movies too! Yuck. Love the sleeping picture. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have things to do again. I think that and family are the only things we missed in Nebraska.

      Delete