Our Little Monkey

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our Honey Bee

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 22, 2008

Busy Days

So, it's been really busy around here lately. We thought we'd get everyone up-to-date on the goings on of our family.

We recently took a hike close to home with our dogs. This is Crickett, and she is probably freezing in this picture since she hardly has any hair.

This is Molly. She got so tired of walking she finally grabbed her leash and started walking herself back to the car! :)
We celebrated Thanksgiving the Saturday after due to Mike's and my schedule. We had our daughter, Shaelyn, as well as our three nephews and Mike's brother, Bob.
Our two youngest nephews thought it would be fun to get inside the cat house, until the older one got stuck inside.

This is the oldest of these three nephews, Gabriel.

After Bob and his sons left, Shaelyn and I decorated the house for Christmas.
Our tree.


Shaelyn and Mike. You gotta love the cheesy smile. At least Mike's looking at the camera!


Shaelyn had a choir concert early in December. We arrived right on time, so we had a seat at the back. This is the only picture we got of her. Unfortunately, I noticed she was the prettiest girl on stage. :P The concert was great and thankfully Mike and I were able to attend.


Shaelyn and her bff, Cassie.

Our family started a Christmas tradition the first year Mike and I were married. We always get together for a Christmas craft. Shaelyn chose painting Christmas ornaments, while Mike and I were working on a similar project. We can't tell you what it is since they are going to be Christmas presents.

I'm sure Mike gets tired of all the crafty things I like to do, but he sure puts up a good front and pitches in wherever I need it. Here he is gluing parts of our project.

We had to celebrate Christmas with our kids early since they are heading to California for Christmas with their mom and step-dad. This is Saturday morning and Daniel and Shaelyn had fun opening presents.


I made cinnamon roles for Christmas breakfast. Mike had put his plate down and left, so Gomer jumped up and looked like he was ready to chow down on a roll of his own. :)

I made 5 dozen cookies for our church's Christmas service on Sunday, so here are some pictures of Mike, Daniel, and Shaelyn decorating the sugar cookies for me. The turned out great! (especially since I didn't have to do all the work)

It was so good to see Daniel. He is currently attending Job Corp to get his GED and specialized training in welding. He is doing well. We are very proud of him, but we also miss him a lot since he is now in Grand Junction, CO - about a 5 hour drive from Colorado Springs.



After presents and cookie decorating, we headed over to Bob's for a family dinner. Sshh - don't tell but I played hooky from work so I could spend time with the family too. This is Mike, Bob, mom Beth, and brother, Drew playing "May I". Drew was the winner for this round.


Gabriel, Ben, and Levi

Drew with Ben and Levi. Any adult is considered a jungle gym with these two around.

Ben and Levi showing off their tattoo sleeves. They're fake but these guys looked so cute with them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment